Moorabool Wind Farm is committed to ensuring the responsible and compliant implementation of the project throughout the construction, operations and decommissioning phases. This commitment addresses the social and environmental impacts of the project through the application of:
- specific management plans
- targeted procedures and processes
- consultation with local community and government agencies
- ongoing review and monitoring to ensure;
- achievement of the required performance objectives
- compliance with the planning permit
- identification of any areas requiring improved management, and
- corrective measures as applicable.
Potential social and environmental impacts have been comprehensively assessed. The planning permit sets out conditions for the project. Our management system includes a broad range of measures to mitigate potential impacts and ensure compliance with all approval conditions.
Our environmental management is incorporated into all aspects of the projects delivery. Environmental processes and systems will be regularly reviewed to ensure responsible implementation of the project.
Key elements of our environmental management system include:
- Employee awareness training and site inductions
- Site specific procedures, guidelines and reporting framework
- Pre-construction compliance report
- Pre-operations compliance report and
- Specific management plans required by the project approval
The Environmental management Plans are required to be approved by the Minister for Planning prior to the project commencing the respective construction and operation phases.
Condition 3 of the Planning Permit states that the proponent may elect to construct and/or operate the project in stages.